Delivering a Better Tomorrow
Social Responsibility Report
Sysco’s commitment to local communities to extends from the source all the way to the plate. At the heart of that commitment is fighting hunger and increasing food security. That’s why hunger relief is the cornerstone of Sysco’s philanthropic and volunteer efforts.
This past year, Sysco Spokane is proud to support a multitude of non-profit organizations in Eastern Washington and Idaho, including Second Harvest, Post Falls Food Bank, Big Table and Vanessa Beehan Crisis Nursery.
More than 500 volunteer hours in 2019
More than 215,762 pounds of food with a year’s end goal of more than 260,000
A Sustainable Commitment
Sysco is committed to the well-being of our communities.
Our 2025 goals promise to deliver a better tomorrow.
- Donate a total of 200 million meals in local communities.
- Contribute a total of $50 million to our local communities.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
- Increase total U.S. associate ethnic and gender diversity to 62 percent.
- Increase spend 25 percent with women and minority-owned suppliers.
HEALTH AND WELL-BEING
- Expand products in our portfolio with health and wellness benefits.
- Double associate participation in health and wellness programs
- Publish Sysco’s Animal Welfare Policy and ensure compliance by all Sysco Brand Suppliers.
- Identify and develop responsible sourcing commitments for five key commodities.
- Ensure all high-risk suppliers abide by Sysco’s Global Supplier Code of Conduct.
- Double the availability of Sysco Brand organic produce.
- Extend our Sustainable Agriculture program into five fresh crops.
- Reduce the carbon footprint of our fleet and operations by sourcing 20 percent of electricity from renewable sources and powering 20 percent of fleet vehicles with alternative fuels.
- 90 percent of operations and food waste from landfills.